Should we create a subcategory / instance of clr.fund for memes?

My meme-game for clr.fund has been pretty weak. So this weekend I asked Twitter for some advice on the best memers in the space. My thought being that we might be able to bring in some folks to help up our meme and comms game. Essentially, someone to produce some more engaging content for our Twitter and Blog.

One suggestion was to run meme parties on Discord, which I’m totally open to. But this got me thinking that perhaps meme creation could be a good, low-stakes, way to try out nesting instances of clr.fund.

Essentially, we’d spin up an instance of clr.fund called “CLR memes”, “QF memes”, or something similar. It would be a recipient to the canonical instance, and would run its own rounds that end shortly after the canonical rounds. This way, the Ethereum community can contribute generally to the creation of quality QF memes, using the canonical round, and to specific memes they find valuable in the meme rounds.

I’d be happy to coordinate these rounds, so it’s not more work for @xuhcc. This would ensure that I’m staying up-to-date with the latest changes, without relying on me for the higher-stakes canonical round, where @xuhcc is clearly the best choice right now. It could also be a good environment for testing new features as the canonical round matures and begins to require more stability.

1 Like

Meme parties on Discord are great! Recommend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s time for us to start using the clr.fund Discord server for some more community engagement. This would be a great way to kick that off.

1 Like